The Columbia River runs between Washington and Oregon, directly through the most beautiful scenery in the Pacific Northwest. From the tumbling Multnomah Falls of Oregon to the colorful Columbia Hills State Park of Washington, the entire Columbia River Gorge is full of incredible rolling hills and some of the most breathtaking vineyards and wineries in the world. When you stay in Carson, WA, you have easy access to it all. So whether you’re looking for Hood River, Oregon, wineries or for tasting rooms in Washington, Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place for you to wine, dine, and unwind.
Washington Tasting Room Options
There are dozens of fabulous tasting room options near Carson Hot Springs, and we love them all. But we’ve selected three of the closest and tastiest Pacific Coast wine bar locations on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge.
- Aniche Cellars is a rustic winery that prioritizes sustainability and recycling. All of their locally sourced grapes are from within a 150-mile radius. They compost the unused portions of their grapes back into their soil, and they recycle their bottles and storage tanks. They make many different types of wine, including some fantastic red blends.
- Willow Wine Cellars is another local hit with unobstructed views of the scenery associated with Hood River, Oregon, wineries. It provides a spectacular look at the majestic Mount Hood. Willow Wine Cellars focuses on varietal types of wine, so you’ll find more traditional options like cabernet franc and albariño.
- Hawkins Wine Cellars has two tasting rooms near Carson, WA, but the Underwood Tasting Room is by far the most convenient and picturesque. It was recognized as the top-rated winery in the Pacific Northwest by Travel + Leisure in 2017. This is another winery with several types of wine, so you can taste everything from rosé to cabernet sauvignon.
Wine Tasting Hood River, Oregon Wineries
Thanks to our location right where Wind River and Columbia River meet, our Carson, WA, resort is the perfect place to stay when you want to enjoy wine from two different states. For the best wine tasting Hood River has to offer, check out these northern Oregon businesses.
- The Gorge White House is a 1908 Dutch Colonial home owned by the Kennedy family, who have been farming Hood River for generations. Their orchards produce flavorful pear wine and hard ciders, and their tasting room offers their own wines as well as other local sips. You can pick your own fresh fruit from the orchard. The family is always happy to show you and your family around the farm.
- Stave & Stone Winery has two Pacific Coast wine bar locations—one in downtown Hood River and the other just south on Route 35, near a lavender farm. Choose from sweeter types of wine like zinfandel and riesling or something darker like their very own red blend Quiver.
Stay with Carson Hot Springs to do wine tasting Hood River style, with mountainous backgrounds and fresh, riverland air. When you finish your personalized Hood River wine tours, return to our resort spa to continue relaxing all week long. Call 509-427-8296 to make your reservation today.